For 62 employees at Master Power Transmission, Indiana is home. We know why we love building high-quality, durable gear reducers in the Hoosier State, but do you? A new website, 100ReasonsIndiana.com, sheds some light on why Indiana is great for business.
Master Power Transmission is based in Columbus, Ind. With a population of only 44,000, our town ranks No. 6 in the nation for architectural innovation and design by the American Institute of Architects. Smithsonian Magazine calls Columbus a “veritable museum of modern architecture.”
In Columbus, we grow closer to nature and discover convenient shopping, great schools and activities the whole family can enjoy.
Here is a small sample of why Indiana is right for business:
• The Venture Capital Association ranked Indiana second in the country for amount of venture capital investment per deal.
• Indiana currently has the third lowest state debt per capita in the country.
• In 2011, 219 new companies opened or expanded their operations in Indiana. That’s a 20% increase over the previous record in 2010.
• Indiana’s motor vehicle industry is the nation’s second largest, responsible for more than $8.9 billion in goods.
• Indiana is building an even better infrastructure with a $10 billion improvement plan that will add 104 new roadways with 1,600 lane miles by 2015.