For 62 employees at Master Power Transmission, Indiana is home. We know why we love building high-quality, durable gear reducers in the Hoosier State, but do you? A new website, 100ReasonsIndiana.com, sheds some light on why Indiana is great for business.
Master Power Transmission is based in Columbus, Ind. With a population of only 44,000, our town ranks No. 6 in the nation for architectural innovation and design by the American Institute of Architects. Smithsonian Magazine calls Columbus a “veritable museum of modern architecture.”
In Columbus, we grow closer to nature and discover convenient shopping, great schools and activities the whole family can enjoy.
So we were thrilled to discover Columbus on 100ReasonsIndiana.com, a new website launched by Indiana Economic Development Corp. Whereas most states tout 5-10 reasons they are great for business, Indiana has more than 100 reasons.
Here is a small sample of why Indiana is right for business:
• The Venture Capital Association ranked Indiana second in the country for amount of venture capital investment per deal.
• Indiana currently has the third lowest state debt per capita in the country.
• In 2011, 219 new companies opened or expanded their operations in Indiana. That’s a 20% increase over the previous record in 2010.
• Indiana’s motor vehicle industry is the nation’s second largest, responsible for more than $8.9 billion in goods.
• Indiana is building an even better infrastructure with a $10 billion improvement plan that will add 104 new roadways with 1,600 lane miles by 2015.
These are just five reasons Indiana is great. There are another 95 for you to discover at 100ReasonsIndiana.com.